Verzasca FOTO Association
6634 Brione (Verzasca)
The contest is open to all people who have reached the age of 18 by the 19th of May 2015, regardless of nationality or residence. Excluded from the competition are the staffs of: Verzasca FOTO Association, sponsors, jury members, and all family members related to every listed category.
You can submit your images from the 19th of May 2015 at 12:00:00 (CEST). Deadline will be the 15th of July 2015 at 23:59:59 (CEST). The winners will be announced within the 15th of August 2015.
Contest theme and submission conditions
- Open theme.
- Every participant can submit a personal photo story with minimum 3 and maximum 10 images.
- The format of the images must be: JPEG, colour or black / white, maximum 1.5 MB. The dimension of the longer side must be 1000 pixel.
- No limitation of when the photo has been taken.
- Both analogical (scanned from negative or slide) and digital images are allowed. Participants must own the original files.
- Name of files with reference to the identity of the participant (first name, last name, nick name) are not accepted.
- In order to confirm your registration you must enter a title and a short description for the group of photos.
1st place: cash prize of 2'000.00 Swiss Francs + personal exhibition from 03.09. to 03.10.2015 in Sonogno + board and lodge for 4 days during the Festival.
The first 5 classified are invited to project their work at the photo night during the Festival Verzasca FOTO 2015. The winners will be notified both by phone and e-mail.
The award ceremony will take place during the Verzasca FOTO Festival 2015. The cash prize will be delivered before the 31st of December 2015 by wire transfer.
The jury is composed by international professional photographers and/or people related to photography. The names will be published on the promoters' website.
Photos and personal data of the participants will be unlinked to assure complete anonymity.
Jury decisions are incontestable and unappealable.
The registration will take place only via the promoters' website
Participants must have a valid e-mail address and provide real personal data.
The participation fee is 20.00 Swiss Francs (the equivalent of about 19 Euros depending on daily exchange rate). It can be settled through
- PayPal or
- wire transfer on the account: IBAN: CH6380280000003370415, bank: Banca Raiffeisen Cugnasco Gordola Verzasca, account holder: Associazione Verzasca FOTO.
In any case, the registration fee will not be refunded.
The participant declares to be the sole and exclusive owner of the uploaded photographs.
Use of images
The winning photographs remains at exclusive property of the author who authorises the promoter to use it for non-commercial purpose, to reproduce and publish them by any means, free of charge and without time limit; in particular, but not as a limiting factor, on websites, social networks, printed materials (e.g. flyers, posters, catalogues, etc.) related to the promotion of the Festival Verzasca FOTO.
The sole responsible of the uploaded contents is the author. The promoter declines any responsibility for the images uploaded by the user and possible infringements of copyright.
In all circumstances, generally, the participating photographers undertake to release and to free the promoter from any claim, request, responsibility and from any property right or claim by third parties linked to the contents.
Any legal recourse is excluded.
The promoter will use and store personal data with care and corresponding to the laws of privacy.
No correspondence will be held about the contest.